Thursday, June 17, 2010

Uh-oh

Here is what has already happened on our first day of summer vaca:
  • I had to go to my happy place in my mind because of kid quibbling that I didn't want/need to engage in.

  • I had to request that my daughter NOT push her brother's buttons for our first day off

  • I had to tell my daughter - "if you say your bored AGAIN, I'll give you something to do that will make you rethink saying that ever again (give me some hints please)"

  • I had to wipe tears from my son's face because my daughter "accidentally" pushed him off the piano bench

  • I had to clean up 3 separate "messes" around the house trying to maintain order

  • I was asked to "play outside" with my kids when I really don't want to be the distraction of choice this summer.

  • I've had to tell my kids to use their imagination INSTEAD OF turning on the TV OR playing on the computer.

Holy Ca-Moly it is a rough start to the summer...oh yeah and MR. SUN is playing hide and seek today...and we cannot find him! Excuse me while I go to that "happy place in my mind" again (for the umpteenth time today)!



1 comment:

Catherine said...

Ohhhhh these are the exact things I'm dreading about the summer! I'm sure it will get better though. I made my son sweep and then mop my kitchen floor yesterday. I think they should have to do "something" everytime you hear "I'm bored". Clean a window. Dust a shelf. Vacuum a rug. Find one toy they want to donate to the poor children. Make a list of all the things they want to do this summer. Happy summer!