Monday, March 24, 2008

Well, it's my birthday too yeah!

I’m entering my last year of my 30s. I somehow don’t feel despondent, sad, scared, frustrated…and all the other emotions one might feel. I’ve always said ‘bring it on’ to another year older. I do see though that age does some wonders to your body which I’m having some issues with (that is for a whole other blog on another day). I’m excited for this year. I’m exploring my options for what I want to do when I grow up. I’m enjoying the time with my kids as they grow bigger (boo hoo) and more interesting (as they gain life experience). I’m also enjoying more date nights with my husband which has been a 2008 commitment and we’ve done a great job at it (they’ve been a long time coming).

The kids LOVE to celebrate our birthdays as a family. I enjoy how excited and proud they are of their gifts and how gushy, lovey dovey they get toward the birthday “person”. It is a special day for all involved. I also like to use this day like a “Santa Claus” day and remind them that if they’re not acting appropriately, that they’ll mess up my day. I use every tactic I can get to manipulate them into behaving…tee hee.

Anyhoo, I am off to enjoy the day of my birth with celebrations (and a few necessary boring things thrown in). Happiness and Moonshine (aka drinky poos)

No comments: