Friday, July 9, 2010

Points

I get brownie points today with my kids (actually cookie points). I surprised them with a spontaneous offer for THEM to make chocolate chip cookies. They were surprised because I don't offer that option very often for three main reasons a) we'll then eat the cookies which aren't the healthiest option for us b) the jockeying and quibbling about who gets to do what c) the mess it makes. So, my kids are thinking I'm fairly cool right now (ironic because it is HOT here). I made it even more fun by having them do 20 questions on "what" I was allowing them to make. An added bonus is that I'm going to allow them to add some marshmallows to a few of the cookies as a little bit of a "test kitchen" experiment. Today, Friday July 9, I am cool in my kids' eyes. I will write this in my book because my days could be numbered and I will need to look back on these moments for reassurance.

No comments: