Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fungus

I have some serious "facial fungus". I will, every so often, get a cold sore and some other facial anomaly. I am now in the "so often" phase. My face is super "pretty" right now. This is incredibly good timing (NOT) as I am starting to engage with other school parents and the such.

This "facial fungus" has been a part of my life since probably 3 years old. The great thing about this problem is that I've become very comfortable with myself and I've been known to say (in my head)..."if you don't like me because I have this gross thing on my face, then you are not meant to be my friend". Ultimately, I have lived the concept of "comfortable in my own skin (including fungi-fied skin). So...now that you're probably feeling sick right now...I will continue to go about my daily activities, with my little guests on my face, and one day in the near future, this will all be distant memory. AND, if we do meet on the street, please look only in my eyes (unless it spreads, then maybe my fabulous shoes). For those of you who have continued reading passed the words facial fungus, thanks for listening.

No comments: