Friday, August 6, 2010

Hurry up and wait


We have exactly one more hour of our vacation; that is if you call a 6 hour wait at the Taipei airport as still being on vacation. Time is such an interesting concept when you're on vacation. It feels a long time to be away. It speeds up and the vacation is over. The travel home is an eternity, and the time I have to wait to see my precious children seems like decades. But then I'm back again to the thought that the vacation was too short. Very interesting this concept called time.


10 things I remember enjoying in the past few days:


  1. Having a suit hand tailored for my husband

  2. The lights at night in Hoian, Vietnam

  3. Eating interesting and yummy Vietnamese food

  4. Spending a whole day doing NOTHING but reading by the water

  5. Reading updates about my kids with their grandparents

  6. Watching the crystal clear ocean water do its dance on the sand

  7. Seeing all kinds of nature - butterflies, TINY frogs, shells, flowers...even cockroaches in a foreign land don't seem that bad

  8. Realizing that my husband and I travel really well together

  9. Thinking about our future travel plans

  10. Finding treasures for our kids and getting excited to share them sooooooon.

No comments: