Friday, February 27, 2009

Beaming


Dear Daughter

My chest beamed with pride at your school performance last night.
You obviously knew the words.
You obviously knew the moves.
You performed with gusto and confidence.
You were confident in your speaking part.
You make me proud.
People complimented me on your performance...how cool is that?
You have confidence and pride.
Today you spoke in front of your class, and
I am proud of your poise, your diction, and your strength of voice
You make me proud.
I want to harness this confidence, to hone it, to shape it, to share it and to keep it going.
I fear there will be something or someone who will hurt you (with words);
To make you quiet, less confident, more shy and lose the self worth you have within you
Please, please, please let me be wrong.

No comments: