Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Un-rutting

So yesterday I coached a client who was having a sense of overwhelm. I poked and prodded to see if there was a spot that could offer some relief either in her thinking or in her 'doing'. So we got to a point where she said if I could just have this and this off of my list then that would really free me up. So, then I got a little 'stroppy' with her (in a kind way) and asked Why are you not getting it done?...because yadda, yadda, yadda....so why not yadda, yadda, yadda....so through enough whys and enough calling her BS (in a kind way) we were able to come up with some small babysteps for her to get her stuff done in a matter of a day. Just the thought that within a day she would be done with the thing that had been on her mind for months provided her so much relief. She was so giddy with the idea that it seemed that her overwhelm had vanished. By the end of the day, I got an email from her that she had completed the one overwhelming task and by tomorrow will be all done. Her other overwhelming task is "in process" and will be completed in under a week (by someone else). So, the moral of the story....if you've got some "stinkin' thinkin'" about your life and about goals you have, it could be a matter of a kind but firm person to get you out of your rut and into smooth sailing. I love this kind of stuff....if you need me, I'll be there for you! THIS is what I love about my coaching...Love it, love it, love it!

No comments: