Monday, February 9, 2009

Candy Spell

I was a naughty, naughty girl this weekend. I found a bag of candy from Halloween and I ate a ton of it this weekend. I don't even know if I enjoyed it or not. I just ate it whenever I saw it, or thought about it....what is that all about? It feels like I am sabotaging any success I've made toward a healthier body. It feels like I have no self control. It feels like I cannot trust myself near sweets. I don't like these feelings.

I am willing to forgive myself for this weekend, but I also want to examine the who, what, where and why of it...like Nancy Drew (I watched that this weekend with my daughter). What is going on? Why can't I trust myself? How can I build a wall of trust for myself? Why don't I want to be healthy at this moment? This will be my 'self analysis' for the week. I am going to try to look a little deeper than normal and see if I can find a clue. In the meantime, there is no more candy (for now). I do have to acknowledge that it is the 'week' of valentines and perhaps this is where I can set a contract with myself about trust, moderation and thoughtful eating. Just talking about this makes me feel empowered....for now!

No comments: