Saturday, February 28, 2009

Horizontal

Today I am pooped. We had an late evening out at our friend's house. Then my daughter and I babysat for our neighbors at 7:30am. So after our 'job' she and I have been hold up in our house, cozy, and nappy all day long. Some days if I do this, I beat myself up...today I am cool as a cucumber about it. My husband gets restless and is unable to spend a full day doing nothing. So, he has taken my son to breakfast, gone for a run and is now out running errands. Knowing this about him does add to my feelings of guilt about doing "nothing" but I'm trying to get over that part. My son is probably more like his dad (at least today) because he is out and about at a friend's house.

My worry is always that if I take one day off, it might spill into many...I lack the trust in myself. I think if I 'declare' the day off, perhaps it is a finite experience....I'm hoping that is the case.

Now...back to my horizontal position.

No comments: