Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Childlike


Today as I ate my Life cereal and remembered that I LOVED Life cereal as a kid, I thought of all the things I've done recently that might resemble what life was like for Little Laura...and a few came to mind.

  • Playing with dolls = my daughter and I played Barbies yesterday...who knew she could bend in the ways we made her?
  • Outside adventures = a long windy walk with my kids on Sunday and me trying to skateboard (emphasis on trying)

  • Snuggling up with a good book = snuggling up with a good book on Sunday

  • Eating candy = taste testing my Valentine Jelly Bellys with my kids

  • Playing dress up = dreaming up a Theodore Roosevelt costume for my son's "human wax museum" at school

  • Messy rooms = letting the pile of clean clothes sit on the floor for a few days...and walking right past it

  • Nonsensical sayings = having a 'word fight' with my kids where we can see who can say "I love you more than you love me" the most...ending in all of us with our eyes closed, fingers in our ears and saying "la la la la la la" ...I never win (and that is OK by me!)

I cannot tell you what a change in perspective I have by just witnessing where I have been and CAN BE more childlike and playful. Now I think I'll get the markers out as I brainstorm the content for my website...that is called "bettering" a task...and am actually feeling excited about it!





No comments: