Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ole' Teddy

Yesterday, my second grade son represented Theodore Roosevelt at a "human wax museum". I am so blessed to have witnessed this for many reason:
  • creativity of each child (and associated parent)

  • sweet voices singing about being a hero (tears came to my eyes)

  • confidence of some; timidity of others...both worthy of a tug on the heart

  • willingness of the school to offer this program

  • excitement of my son to become a president

  • fun to play dress up with my human doll

  • look on my son's face when EVERYONE complimented him on his outfit
Besides adding visual representations of the president like glasses with a chain attached, a suit, American flag pin, and mustache...we added a few clues about his story. Roosevelt was a Cowboy after being president so my son wore boots and the teddy bear was named after him.

In honor of this president, here are a few quotes him.

He spoke my language,
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

A lesson I need repeated to me often.
Believe you can and you're halfway there.

You've gotta laugh at this one
Don't hit if at all honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

No comments: