Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rampage of Appreciation: 'Tis a gift to be simple

  1. Admiring my husband for making time to coach my son's soccer team
  2. Hugging my sweaty son after soccer practice (he doesn't stink yet)
  3. Dinner made by my husband AFTER soccer practice
  4. Requiring a hug from each of my kids as admittance to dinner.
  5. Watching a cheesy Disney show with my kids (Camp Rock2)
  6. Hearing about the first day of school from my kids
  7. Looking into my kids' eyes and seeing how 'wiped out' they are from a full first day.
  8. Reading a chapter book to my kids every night...will continue this as long as they'll let me
  9. Spending 2 hours blabbing, questioning, coaching, laughing, commiserating with my coach buddy
  10. Hearing the good news about my husband's review (he makes me proud)
  11. Not getting emotionally involved in my daughter's meltdown before bed
  12. Allowing my husband to 'take over' the final steps of bedtime (he doesn't engage like I do in the drama)
  13. Falling asleep at 9pm
  14. Waking up at 5:45am to have a nice quiet morning to myself
  15. Looking forward to 2 more days of school, and me getting back into my routine
  16. Deep breaths of appreciation for this simple (but full) life I've got.

No comments: