Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Three musketeers

My kids and I are very well suited to have mini 'dadlessness' times. Because I don't normally cook, the meals are often of the frozen variety and so I'm usually making something I know they'll dig...then I add some veggies and fruits to make myself feel better. I allow them a little TV time if they've done their homework (which gives me, some "me" time). I let them both sleep in my bed...and I'll sleep on the couch or in one of their beds. It is all kind of a "different" flow of things...BUT (and it is a big one)...I would not want to sustain that 'flowiness' forever. We like our foursome A LOT. We love having daddy home. In fact just this evening I heard my daughter singing the night time song my husband sings pretty much every night (and I have to say...it isn't a song you want to stay in your head). It is actually the Mickey Mouse Club theme song (with some creative license). So...our little threesome is moving toward wanting to be a foursome again...and that is ALL GOOD! I appreciate my life immensely...just thought I should say that out loud!

No comments: