Monday, April 21, 2008

If I had a Million Dollars....


...would I change my shopping habits? According to my sister-in-law, NO. I tend to agree with her.

I shop for the kids and myself almost exclusively at consignment stores. I cannot bring myself to buy retail. I get overwhelmed and depressed in those stores, there is too much "stuff" and it is overpriced. I'm happy to let someone else do the paying, and I'll benefit from their style. Its not like I run around looking like an 80's Madonna wannabe, I only buy what might pass as stylish today and often get compliments on my attire.

My favorite consignment stores are Buffalo Exchange, Crossroads and Plato's Closet, but I've been known to go to thriftier stores like Goodwill and Value Village. I'm certain that my daughter will either rebel and only shop high end one day, or there will be therapy involved at some point. For now, she is happy to just be able to shop and buy anything. This thriftiness turns out to be trendy thing because 'recycling' is all the rage. Who knew?

No comments: