Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Feel it!

  • Monday at 12pm a new acquaintance reminded me of a book that interested me
  • I went to the library
  • I had a list of books I was looking for, this one was the only one on the shelf (I see this as a sign)
  • I start reading it
  • It flows easily
  • It speaks to me
  • I am compelled to continue with THIS book even though I have another book I want to finish (one chapter left)
  • A night and half day pass
  • I sit in my car during soccer practice and read (feeling naughty because the mom in me thinks I 'should' be watching practice)
  • I sleep
  • I awaken at 1:30am
  • I cannot fall asleep (helicopters searching, husband's breathing, nose itching, sneeze coming....so I get out of bed)
  • I pick up book at 2am and finish by 4:30am
  • I don't own the book but so desire to go back and underline the good bits
  • I intend to scan it again and write down the salient points
What am I trying to say?

I recommend this book to everyone...Feel the Fear...and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers
As one of the endorsers says: "Should be required for every person who can read" (Jack Cranfield, Chicken Soup for the Soul)


No comments: