Saturday, April 10, 2010

Snarky

I just cannot think of anything to say. I am searching my mind, the Internet, my messy desk...and nothing is coming to me. I am in a good mood but a bit tired from a night out with friends for a pre opening party for a new wine tasting room for the Gooseridge winery.

It was cool to be on the 'inside track' of this fancy affair. It was fun to witness the family of the winery celebrating their wine and their business with friends and acquaintances. Talk about living your passion!

I had a very small life lesson (that seems to be a "new" term we use with kids when they experience disappointment or learn a hard lesson). I was walking to the bathroom of the facility and mentioned to another woman that the hallway smelled of fresh paint and it looks like they were ready "just in time" for this launch. I wasn't 'diss-ing' them, but I was observing the obvious "new smell". It turned out that the person I was saying that to was actually on the inside circle of the winery and I felt like a heel...OF COURSE it smells like fresh paint....OF COURSE they were doing last minute touches, they are pre-launch...but it really isn't very constructive to show that "you notice" that especially if you are a 'guest' AT the Pre Launch.

Note to self...keep the snarky observations to yourself...they don't serve anyone and in fact can make for an awkward moment...no harm done...just a nice little reminder to focus on the positive and useful stuff in life.

No comments: