Thursday, April 8, 2010

Of course it did!

Tis' the season of Science Fair project in our house. My 4th grade daughter spent under a week thinking, looking on the web, looking in books and finally deciding on her project - BLUBBER is the topic. Today the project is due and true to form, we are knee deep in project display "stuff". The experiment involved the whole family submerging hands into ice cold water with a homemade 'mitt' with no insulation and a "mitt" with vegetable oil in it to see which keeps us warmer. You will be surprised I'm sure to find that the oil mitt (aka blubber mitt) kept us warmer...SHOCKING I know!

I have to say that this year's project had been much more calm and seamless UNTIL the printer decided to break when we had EXACTLY TWO PAGES LEFT TO PRINT. When I heard the tell tale sounds of breakage I uttered the words with a wicked laugh..."of course it is". I swear to high heaven that I am going to figure out how to BREAK MURPHY'S LAW one day. I will gladly go to Murphy Law jail too if I have to! So NOW we are not calmly and gracefully going to make it to the Science Fair...I foresee us pasting the last bit of paper on the display in the car on the way to the event...because of good ole' Murphy!

No comments: