Friday, May 28, 2010

All about the Cs

I finally got myself organized enough to write down my daily courage commitment. I think I'm around day 25 (cannot remember some things...blaming college fun on that).

I have actually started a 'mini movement'...a few other people have joined my program and are on their own journey to living in courage. I've heard of haircuts, speaking up, fixing door knobs, taking left turns (versus normal right), and saying no to a business trip (to name a few). Many really cool things that on the surface (or on a one-off basis) don't amount to much but I know inside those people's guts, they're feeling a stir. I know I am.

I've made videos and posted them on my website. I've admitted to losing a check from a photography client. I've used a 3 year old Gift Card on a date with my husband. I've organized my office (in hopes of finding the check from above). I bought a fitness hula hoop (for ME). I'm on a roll and excited for more courageous moments. Today I am attending a group focused on creativity. The courage there is to actually admit in public that I think I'm creative. The courage is also for me to speak confidently about what I do (or want to do). I'm excited for this event and what it may bring in terms of confidence, connections, creative spark and other C words like commitment, care, candor, comfort, credence, crazy...am I missing a biggie? What's your courage for today?

No comments: