Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fear Factor

I just finished the book Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway. Susan Jeffers recommends doing something that you fear at least once a day (it doesn't have to be the "jumping out of a plane" kind of fear). So...silly me has decided to go for a 100 day goal of doing something I fear. One of my fears though is that I won't be able to follow through...where does that fit in this model?

I intend to do it daily but will give myself the gift of flexibility where necessary...but 100 days is the goal. So, today, to set the ball rolling, my fear I conquered was to run half of my normal walk. I did it and guess what, I'm still alive...hallelujah.

I'll keep you posted on my fear factor (FF) goals. My list begins with FF#1 RUN! Tomorrow may include setting up my business with the state (gulp). I'd love suggestions from the peanut gallery!

By the way...the picture represents a childhood fear that is an inside joke in my family. After experiencing terror on a ride at Disneyland (Pirates of the Caribbean I think), I committed to only riding Dumbo for the rest of our visit to the park. My father, Dumbo and I became very close that day!

No comments: