Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm in

Last night at dinner my daughter made a point to comment on my blouse I was wearing. It went something like this:

Daughter: Mommy, I like your shirt. I like how it has the lace in the front. I also like the sleeves.

Me: The sleeves are puffy
Daughter: Only a little bit, they're just the right amount.

Why is it that, in that moment, I felt so validated that my 10 year old daughter thought that my shirt looked good. It was as if I was a puppy getting a belly rub...you might have even seen my leg involutarily moving. I will remember this moment because I have a sense that one day, my daughter may NOT approve of my clothing.

My intention is to remain "with it" in an "appropriate for my age" kind of way...no micro minis and midriffs for this "frum frum" (covered my mouth) year old mom. I'mjustsaying
I hope you realize that the picture does NOT show the shirt I was wearing!!!!

No comments: