Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Clean machine

Today I made an extra special stop at the car wash. I let the washer hut do the outside and I vacuumed the inside. There is something about a clean car that somehow give you a sense of hope (or something I cannot put my finger on). It feels like..."yes, I'm on top of things, my car is clean", or it feels like "yes, now I will be proud when someone looks at or steps into my car". I feel as though with my clean car, I am in control of my life.

Here are my thoughts with a newly cleaned car:


  • I will NEVER let it get messy again

  • My kids with NEVER eat in the car again

  • I will stay on top of the crap going in and crap going out of the car

  • I will get the outside cleaned more often.
Then...you know the story...reality sets in. That one big day out with the kids, where a lot of junk gets in, you hurriedly throw food at them between events, and you forget to remind them to pick up their junk...and then it is back, right where it began needing a good clean out. The positive of this, is that you get to experience the euphoric feelings (see above) again...and the process repeats itself. I do hold the hope that "one day" my car will remain 'kept' consistently, and that all my socks will consistently have mates. A girl can dream can't she?

No comments: