Thursday, July 10, 2008

Busted

Princess just showed me a note from HER to the tooth fairy AND her tooth in a bag that must have fallen out of my closet when I was reorganizing it. How do you explain that one? She seems to have an Eagle Eye for finding the one thing that she shouldn't. If ever I buy a treat and am trying desperately to hide it, she finds it within seconds of me hiding it. For her 3rd Christmas she had asked for Princess castle thingy. I bought it and asked my husband to put it in the 'walk in' attic area. In my mind I would assume he would hide it too. He did not cover the thing up....so one day Princess watched me go into the attic to find something and lo and behold she sees the darn thing. I had to stand on my head telling all kinds of lies about the box NOT being what she thinks it is. "Why would Santa bring something before Christmas?". So here I go telling yet another lie which I'm sure she already suspects (or knows) that the tooth fairy isn't real. I just said, "that's weird, I've not seen that before, I wonder if the tooth fairy dropped it a long time ago and we never found it". She didn't continue the conversation BUT she did ask if she could put it under her bed again....I said no!

On a totally different note: I had another random coincidence. I just wrote about the word FRINGE in my blog yesterday and then last night I saw an ad new sci fi series called....drum roll....FRINGE. Just a little twilight zone, that's all. I picked the word from the dictionary, I didn't make it come from my head (which then could be rationalized that I somehow have seen the commercial and it is in my brain).

No comments: