Thursday, July 31, 2008

No man is an island

One thing that I know that I am good at is making the effort to keep in touch with friends. Being a Navy Junior (my Dad hates it when I say "brat") and a nomad as an adult, I have friends strewn across the globe. I try to keep them close with communication AND if ever I'm in their 'neck of the woods', I'll make the time and effort to see them. This trip to DC has epitomized this concept. I've seen a childhood friend, some high school friends, some college friends, and friends my husband and I have made. These visits give me energy that I see as a necessity for my feeling connected. I am feeling 'recharged' at the moment. I've always said that I'd love to buy an island and have all of my close friends as neighbors...that is assuming that everyone would get along. I think they would because as the saying goes "any friend of mine is a friend of yours"....so, come join my island commune of 'love, happiness and sunshine (and moonshine thrown in for good measure)'...meanies are NOT WELCOME.

No comments: