Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This one goes out...

My brother starts his journey BACK to his temporary digs in Afghanistan. He was able to enjoy 2 weeks home with his family and friends. He also was able to take a family trip to Puerto Rico which, from the pictures, looks like they had fun...even his 16 year old daughter had a few smiles in the picture. The journey back to whence he came seems to be very involved, lengthy, and uncertain...in that he doesn't know when the next 'flight out' is when he gets closer to his destination. So, I wish him speedy, safe and uneventful (unless the events are cool like meeting a celebrity) travels.

I need to get my care package skills back up to par. I think we'll have to send him some sand and salt water from our Beachweek in Bethany...oh but wait, he'll have enough sand. Oh yeah, and they always ask if there is anything 'liquid' in the package...hmmm, maybe we'll just send salt water taffy. My daughter will miss her Uncle's help in playing poker (yes she is 8 and likes poker), Monkey will miss his big arms to help him navigate the waves of the ocean, and I of course will miss hanging with my brother (if this could be tear stained...it would be). We love you man!

No comments: