Friday, July 4, 2008

Tradition

At our house we only have one Independence Day tradition so far. We've moved so often that we've not found the 'small town' parade to frequent, or a bbq tradition in the neighborhood. We do have a tradition that is transportable. For the past 4 years we've made a 'semi healthy' treat (as seen in the picture). We layer the bottom with whipped cream (I bought fat free) and then make the flag out of berries. This is the first year that I did NOT help at all. Whenever I let the kids participate in the kitchen I tend to micro manage, SO, I just left the room with the ingredients available and a verbal instruction NOT TO LICK YOUR FINGERS or SPOONS UNTIL YOU'RE DONE. I think the results are fabulous and as the saying goes "it all looks the same in your stomach". We are hoping to find fireworks tonight and have an evening dinner picnic on a lawn somewhere....OR we'll watch on TV. I'm crossing my fingers that this is the year the Princess does NOT get insanely frightened of the fireworks...8 times is the charm, right?

No comments: