Wednesday, August 12, 2009

finding my bliss in a mug

Excerpts from an email I sent to my circle of coaching friends:

I dropped the kids at camp and decided to get a store bought coffee (from an unmentioned major coffee store which started in this region of the country). I have a rule that I can only buy said coffee if I bring my own container. I had left my house (or thought I had) with a container but somehow it has gone missing (I bet still on the counter in my kitchen). So, I decided to break my rule today (rules are made to be broken, right?) because I am feeling as if I NEEDED this store bought coffee by then. I waited in a looooong line and happened to be near the "sale" merchandise. I was drawn to this small (smaller than the amount of coffee I think I NEED) travel mug in the color orange (which is my color of choice these days). On it is a hummingbird and a butterfly (and other outdoor creatures)...so now, I'm thinking I might need to have this mug. So, I do purchase the mug (on sale) have coffee put in said mug ....now I am happy and joyful because I have a new travel mug in the color I like with the symbols that resonate with me AND I didn't break my rules.

As a bonus, the hummingbird (I love them) and butterfly (Martha Beck's metaphor for change) are holograms so they MOVE. Now when I'm in a boring PTA meeting I can sit and watch my symbols move and remind me of my essential self. By the way, the size of the mug was bothering me but I also think that it is a blessing too...I really DON'T need the amount of coffee I think I do AND I always use tons of creamer which doesn't help my waistline....so even that "small" issue is a blessing. So...how does this fit toward my business?...it reminds me to follow my bliss, have fun, find things that make my heart skip and "know" that it all leads to something bigger and better than I can imagine (and this I believe). Here's to fun travel mugs that hold coffee (and sometimes bloody marys).

To which I received a reply:

That's so cool, Laura!
I bet the Bloody Mary in the travel mug would make your PTA meetings even less boring.
xoHannah


There is more to this story and its comical....but to protect myself....I must keep it to myself...but lets just say, her comment might not be too far from being accurate!

No comments: