Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not feelin' it

Today, I am feeling blocked for the first time in a while. I think there are several things at play here:

  1. I'm bored with myself

  2. I have low energy

  3. I'm conflicted about life changes that are happening

  4. I've been reading some great writing and feeling inadequate

  5. Nothing is inspiring me at the moment

  6. All of the above

  7. None of the above

  8. Something totally different.

I even spent time today trying to find inspiration. I read other blogs, I read some quotes that might give me a boost...and I got "nothin'". I was looking for a quote on anticipation (as I'm anxiously awaiting word on WHERE MY KIDS WILL BE GOING TO SCHOOL NEXT TUESDAY). Here is one that feels appropriate


In the landscape of time, there are few locations less comfortable than that of one who waits for some person or event to arrive at some unknown moment in the future.
Robert Grudin
Source: Time and the Art of Living, Page: 102


And this one works from my fear of flying and swine flu


"There is no terror in a bang; only in the anticipation of it."
Alfred Hitchcock (1899 - 1980)
Source: Alfred Hitchcock


So, that is all I've got today...not feelin' it at all. I think maybe a nap or just general "boob tube" time could be what I want. I bet a walk would be a better thing...but again, I'm not feelin' it.

No comments: