Thursday, October 15, 2009

Back in the race


I feel like this week is a write-off in terms of energy toward anything "moving forward". I have a tendency to beat myself up about this and feel like I actually DON'T want to make my passions and interests work for me. I spent too much time 'diddling' on the Internet, responding to emails, and not 'getting out there'. I am stalled and I am deciding that stalled doesn't really do me any good. BUT...what am I going to do about it?

First, I'm going to recognize that I have done some things that still feel forward focused:


  1. Wrote my blog daily (which is a form of meditation for me now)

  2. Wrote a few pages about stuff that is keeping me stuck

  3. Participated in a mastermind group

  4. Read a little bit

  5. Listened to 2 coaching classes

  6. Researched a few websites for ideas for mine

  7. Coached someone today

  8. Took photographs for some friends
Ok...now I'm feeling a little bit better about myself. The second thing I would like to do is to sit down and ask myself, what do I want to do next to move my business forward. This will be more of a brain dump of all things that might work toward me feeling the momentum I'd like to have. Then, I will add some 'meat' to my list and prioritize it. Then, I'll pick the thing that is most 'fun' to do and set an intention of completing it via babysteps...making daily progress in manageable ways and then I will REWARD MYSELF...which looks like to me a night out with a friend tomorrow at a seminar about 'manifesting what you want' (right on topic with this whole concept).

Its amazing what a little perspective, a pep talk and a tiny, tiny bit of action can do to start the energy back into the right direction. Where are you stumped, what are you not giving yourself credit for, what can you do to make the smallest bit of progress. In my world the small steps are called "turtle steps" and if you think of Aesop's Fable, the Tortoise and the Hare...who won? My first turtle step will be to brainstorm for 15 minutes everything my mind comes up with to do to move myself to the next level (and even to figure out what the heck the next level is). If you find you're stuck...stop, drop and roll, Dick roll...no really, stop, breath, take a look around you and find out what you can be proud of, then start a manageable and realistic action plan. Be kind to yourself and move one turtle step in the right direction...it'll feel better than what you're currently doing? I feel pumped...gotta go before I lose the momentum.

No comments: