Friday, October 23, 2009

Just saying...

It has been a day and a half since I posted. I had a post all thought out yesterday and then...NOTHING. So here is what I was going to post.

I was driving along and for some reason was thinking about the seasons changing (maybe because it was rainy and yucky) and I remembered what I wrote about that. I was all thoughtful and metaphorical in my head and stuff. The last thought I had was about spring and the anticipation of it all.

Then there was a long light so I peeked in the book from the Library called Love Poems from God by Daniel Ladinsky. I just randomly opened and here is what I read...and then I gasped...

I WILL JUST SAY THIS
by St. Teresa of Avila

We
bloomed in Spring.

Our bodies
are the leaves of God.

The apparent seasons of life and death
our eyes can suffer,

but our souls, dear, I will just say this forthright:
they are God
Himself,

we will never perish unless He
does

No comments: