Tuesday, October 20, 2009

...oh my

Today I scheduled a flu shot for the kids and me. We were first in line (the clinic started at exactly the time the kids should have been in school). They asked if we were there for the regular or the H1N1. I was surprised because I had my doubts that they'd have them for the 'general folk'. I gulped and said...both. Here is my thinking:

  • Yowza! Here is what I had hoped for, and do I really want to 'take the risk'?

  • Yikes! We're the first kids in this clinic to get the H1N1 vaccine, will I be a maverick or the norm?

  • Yuck! They have to put it up their noses.

  • Darn! I didn't make the cut for 'at risk' (but the kids did for their age group).

  • Yippee! Its over.

  • Please God! Let this work.

This is one more step in feeling 'at ease' in this uncertain time. Now my intention is to keep an eye out for myself in terms of getting the vaccine, and perhaps my husband too! In the meantime, I use the words my dad has said many times in his career...AT EASE! (ish).

No comments: