Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bear

I said that we might be eaten by a bear...that didn't exactly happen, but the fact that a huge tow truck had to take us down Mt. St. Helen's...does that count?

We had a fabulous camping weekend and drove an extra hour to do our spelunking at Ape Cave which was an adventure for the whole family (scary but fun). On our way down the mountain we stopped at a lovely water spot to look at the grandeur of the mountains and water and rest a bit before our 3 hour drive home...no "drive home" occurred because our car wouldn't start. Long story short, we were towed down to a small town, spent the night in a fleabag motel, got our car fixed and headed home to get the kids in school 3.5 hours late. It was a $600 adventure we wished we didn't have to have, but since we had to, we took it in stride and I'm so proud of our family (especially my husband) for 'rolling with the punches'. We were constantly reminding ourselves that we are healthy, wealthy and wise and this is no big deal (in the big scheme of things).

We are back home safe and sound and trying to get back to normal...which makes me think maybe being stuck on that mountain was better than I thought?!!! One more month and then it will summertime!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness. I had be dying to know how how your trip was. Those are the adventures you will always remember. I'm glad it was fun!