Friday, May 8, 2009

Well I'll BE

I just realized that I missed a post yesterday. I don't think I thought about doing my blog AT ALL yesterday. I definitely had a jam packed day which extended into the evening with a group coaching session I am running with a friend. So, I have excuses BUT I'm fascinated that this is the first time in a year that I've not remembered. It's huge for me that for a whole year blogging is the one consistent thing I would do. That is a big deal because when I took birth control pills I couldn't even remember to take them. Good thing the ramifications for not posting are less impactful than not taking BC pills...and good thing my body decided to ignore my sporadic intake of said pills. Anyhoo, I'm back on track now.

I do think that I'm suffering apathy right now for lots of things and I think it is the end of school year slump (like hitting a wall at the 20th mile in the marathon). Every day I am reminded of yet another thing I "have to do" with the PTA, or kid sports, or whatever else I'm involved in and it just feels oppressive..like I'm getting buried deeper and deeper in soul depleting activities. I know the solution is to quit being so active in the PTA and I know I have a choice in this, but I've somehow convinced myself that I am very important and irreplaceable...how is that for delusional thinking. I'll be doing some serious soul searching this summer about setting my boundaries for next year and figuring out how to say NO....but for now, I'm going to be the good citizen and honor my commitments...that reminds me...I got the Good Citizenship award at my 8th grade graduation...there is a pattern here!

No comments: