Monday, May 4, 2009

Words to describe

Here are words I use to describe this morning


  • befuddled
  • ambilivelent
  • bored
  • disconnected
  • unfocused
  • disorganized
My energies have been disproportionately focused on PTA stuff and so I have a hard time transitioning back to what I REALLY want to be doing...coaching. I feel a bit out of sorts and not sure where to pick up where I left off, or where to start, or where to finish, or just where it is I really want to go right now. I am not so happy that the PTA stuff keeps taking precedence over the other stuff. I know I have choices, but for some reason, my 'social self' decides that the more important thing is to be present with the role of president instead of be present for my love of all things coaching/learning. When will the shift happen where the opposite prioritization happens? I have been able to manage a balance of both throughout this year, but my April really made everything 'go to pot'. I am going to allow myself this week and next to slow down the PTA stuff and revamp the coaching stuff...and I believe baby steps are in order.

I'm not sure I feel any more clear after writing this....but at least I 'named' my emotions...that is a good start....now what do I do? Maybe a nice warm shower will do the trick! By the way, the funny thing is that all those adjectives don't make me feel "bad" or depressed, they are just kind of what is swirling around for me...I feel neutral about it...but I think I'd prefer to move up the spectrum to excitement and joy...so as the saying goes "Calgon take me away".

No comments: