Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dancing a jig

A big goal-oriented task had been hanging over my head and last night I accomplished it. The feelings one gets after such accomplishments should be bottled. I felt giddy, I felt proud, I felt relief, I in fact did a little dance in front of my family. The initial feelings are of course more intense, but I still have residual feelings today which have actually inspired me to do other things that have been lingering. The ripple effect is amazing and I feel as if I'm on fire. I'm guessing this isn't sustainable, but I love 'witnessing' this about myself and figuring out how to get more and do more of it...because it feels good and it all lies within ME not some sort of 'if I had that, then I'd be happy' kind of feeling. What is hanging over your head? What task (big or small) would you like to get off your list? Maybe do a little experiment to see what sort of intrinsic (feeling) rewards you get from it and what are the after effects. I'm going to leave you now as I'm still on my 'high' and want to capitalize on it!

1 comment:

Char Brooks said...

I love this post - just love it. Your picture says it all - and I'm so happy for you.

Love--
Char