Sunday, August 10, 2008

Gratitude and off the grid


This gratitude session is dedicated entirely to my husband. He turned 41 today.

  1. He is a great husband
  2. He is a great dad
  3. He loves to cook (yeah me)
  4. He is a great friend to me and everyone he meets
  5. He is very smart (scary smart)
  6. He tolerates my losing things (currently the battery to our camera)
  7. He appreciates his family
  8. He is very handsome
  9. He likes a good challenge (he is looking for this year's big deal, last year he climbed Mt. Ranier)
  10. I love my husband..thankyouverymuch.

As of tomorrow afternoon at 2pm I will likely be off line for a week (until Sunday evening). We will be honorary Yoopers in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We will be spending a week with my husband's side of the family. It is an idyllic experience of lake fun, lounging, socializing, swimming, clowning around, campfires, sunsets, bonding, holding babies and so on. I am actually feeling homesick at the moment...a whole month away from home might be a bit too much even for this easy going, flexible girl....but one week more is tolerable. Anyhoo, off to the great outdoors for a week. As my 7th grade nun principle said to our class, "Silence reigned and they all got wet"...it took me a long time to get it, but now it has stuck! Peace out.

No comments: