Thursday, August 7, 2008

One wish

My niece took an inventory of goals for our beachweek. Mine was specific...I want to see dolphins. As I was not successful at seeing whales in Oregon, I said I want to see REAL DOLPHINS not facsimiles of them. One morning, I set out with my dad on a mile walk to the beach to "see dolphins"...none. I was convinced that my mother (who also shared this goal) would see them on her one (or few) visits to the beach (because of her healing shoulder) and I would go on a daily basis and see none. I was wrong....I saw them!!!! I almost missed them but my whole family yelled for my attention across the beach (for all to hear) and then I saw and I jumped for joy just like a little kid! I'm sure some of the other beach goers thought that I was "special". I consider my beachweek a success (and I have 2 days to go!)

No comments: