Tuesday, August 26, 2008

She'll be a lawyer yet

Yesterday, after a long day of "it" doing I don't know what, I'd settled in for the evening. My daughter was showing signs of boredom; huffing, puffing, moping, asking to watch TV. We offered ideas, we ignored, we noticed (because you couldn't help not to) but mostly we ignored. Finally, the bright child comes to me and says, "Mommy can my friends come over for a sleepover". This was at 7pm. I hemmed and hawed and was hoping that I could get to a firm NO, when she used a very manipulative ploy, she said "Mommy, that is what summers are for"...how's that for guilting me into a yes. So, yes there was a sleepover last night. I said yes with the conditions that they go to bed on time (they didn't) and that they look after themselves (they did and they didn't). Next thing you know she'll be trying to convince me that Ice Cream for dinner is what CHILDHOOD is about....where does she get this stuff?

No comments: