Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My head is spinning

Today I bit the bullet and took the kids shopping for school supplies. Holy cow is that a tough job. You almost have to go to special training to do it well and efficiently. Another thing is, taking the kids is really a mistake. There are so many options, so many pretty colors, so many things that you do not NEED and then the list is somewhat confusing. Do they mean black pens with or without caps. There is NEVER a box of 12 pens, but they DO have 8 or 20. Does an ultra fine Sharpie suffice for the extra fine that is on the list. Should I buy a 24 pack of crayons or the 64 pack (and make my children the envy of the class)? Does the teacher want simple folders or can the kids choose the Super Hero version? I think I've covered everything on the list minus the snacks for the classroom. That is a Costco run which is a whole other ball of wax...so many choices, so much pressure...no peanuts, must be healthy (ish), must feed a small nation, must be something that the majority of the kids would like....Calgon take me away!

No comments: