Thursday, December 4, 2008

Brinner

Last night I announced we would have breakfast for dinner and the kids went into hyper action...they got the eggs, bacon, bread and other fixings for dinner. We had our meal on the table in no time and we all enjoyed it. All of us except my husband because he is in San Francisco for work and some fun too. He called me from his favorite store in the whole wide world - Amoeba Records.

When my husband is away, we shift our standards at home. Bedtime is looser, more tv is watched, meals barely resemble healthy choices and other fun shenanigans like eating out, messy house, and laundry strike. I actually feel awesome about this scenario, I don't beat myself up, I consider it 'the way' and we all lean into it. I feel that mommy is happier and the kids miss daddy less (because they're being brainwashed by the tv).

After our 'brinner' last night Monkey said:

Mommy, you don't do dinner as well as daddy, but you're really good at cooking breakfast.

I support that assessment and "am one with it". There was no offense taken by me and I actually felt proud that he likes my breakfasts...all is good here in Bizarro World when daddy is away.

For dinner tonight....hmmmm, mac and cheese is looking really good!

No comments: