Monday, December 22, 2008

Change of plans

Well do you want the good news or the bad news first?

I'll start bad....our 6am flight to Denver then on to DC was cancelled.

Good...I actually checked our flight before going to bed last night so I knew this at 11:30pm and woke my husband and he worked his magic and his 'status' to get us slightly closer to our destination today and then hopefully fully there tomorrow. Our main goal is to get out of Seattle. While on the phone the travel person was coming up with some quite interesting plans like...

Seattle to Calgary to Chicago to DC....arriving 11:30pm on Christmas Eve...that had disaster written all over it. Then, like magic, a more reasonable one came through...

Seattle to San Francisco (overnight stay), San Francisco to DC on Dec 23.

So now we are a different city and a different day away from our destination, but it feels much more hopeful than the hundreds of travellers who have been struggling to get out of Seattle all weekend. Now I must do some serious thinking/hoping/believing that we'll be in DC tomorrow afternoon. I think we can, I think we can, I think we can....I KNOW we can.

I have hopes of snagging a flight today from San Francisco but if not, we'll figure out how to take the kids on an adventure to explore their ORIGINATING city (they both were born in the Bay Area). Ideally though DC is the destination.

PS posts until 2009 may be a little sporadic and that's OK

No comments: