Monday, November 30, 2009

Day is done...

Gone the sun...da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-da... If you grew up a military kid you'd know the tune to this song. I never learned the words but I distinctly remember stopping at whatever hour it was that they were lowering the flags (if we were on base). You are to stand still and face the flags. Some of those traditions bring a warm feeling to my heart. Those rituals made you feel you were part of something, and it was always cool as a child to do things like say the Pledge of Allegiance or stop when you know you're supposed to and pay your respects to the flag.

Wow...I thought I had nothing to say this evening in my VERY LATE post...but I did and along with it, I have the feelings of nostalgia and fondness...how cool is that? Perhaps I should call it a day...AT EASE.

And on that note....Happy Birthday to my dear father, who provided me with the opportunity to experience said ritual! I love you!

No comments: