Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Have you noticed?

Have you noticed that my blogposts are bit on the uninspired side. That is your first clue of how I'm feeling right now. I will now perform my 'circus act' and coach myself out of this funk (based on the Self Coaching 101 model by Brooke Castillo):

Circumstance: No "tangible" progress on goals

Thought: I am uninspired right now

Feeling: Low energy, scattered, isolated

Action: Check email too much, randomly search the web, check facebook, put off errands and stay at home more often than not

Result: No clear progress toward goals such as website, networking, designing programs, outreach to obtain paying clients


If you look at the above you can see that the thoughts, actions and results are essentially the same in concept and so, if I remain in the thinking state of "uninspired" I could get into a bit of a spin cycle and be in this same spot a month from now. So...now I go back to this model and I try to access a 'better feeling thought'.


Circumstance: (always remains the same in this model)

Thought (better feeling): I am engaging in activities that inspire me.

Feeling: motivated, resourceful, active

Action: Reading books recommended to me, reading blogs that inspire me, brainstorming with people who "get me"

Result: I will be more "inspired" to take actions that move me forward in my business such as writing articles, talking to people who can lead me to networking opportunities, writing content for my website.


When I came up with this better feeling thought...I actually believed it and this is why...I could find times in this week that I actually have been inspired:


  1. Two meetings with my "tribe" discussing the topic of coaching, intuition and changes in society

  2. Read around 5 blogs that have enlightened me

  3. Received my brand new business cards and am happy to have them in my hands

  4. Coached 3 people already this week

  5. Listened to a radio recording of an interview of someone who inspires me

  6. Read another chapter in my book Think and Grow Rich

  7. Continued to write my blog

  8. Written "daily pages" for a week

  9. Generated a worksheet for end of year review and planning for 2010 for my colleagues and clients

  10. Generated a 'bucket list' of things I would like to focus on in the near future

  11. Participated in my daily walks with my friend (good for 'downloading' about things)

So, in the amount of time I wrote this blog, I've not only increased my energy toward making progress on my goals, I've given myself evidence to disprove my first thought that I am not inspired. This tool is fabulous to move your thoughts 'down stream' a bit so that from a better feeling thought you actually might be able to see things you hadn't noticed about yourself before and be able to make decisions and action from a place of peace.

In my next act...I'll perform "the Work" on myself....stay tuned!




No comments: