Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Inspiration in odd places

Dr. Seuss and Hannah Montana have words to inspire me...go figure?

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting...so get on your way! Dr. Seuss (this is on my business cards)

The lyrics from Hannah Montana's The Climb .

In both of these I have this feeling of excitement. A feeling that its mine to conquer. It isn't about the destination its about the journey. I witness this in my kids when they play...I think they have more fun with the process of creating versus the final outcome. I think that when we think about the final product our fear slips in to distract us because then we think about will someone judge me? what if there is a better 'there' to get too? what if I find I don't really like what I see at the other side? AND then sometimes we just cannot see what lies ahead and so we fear the climb altogether. Those fear-based thoughts (and way more where that comes from) keep us from strapping on our cramp-ons and putting one foot in front of the other and going on faith that we'll know where to place our foot each step of the way. And, if we make a mistep, we can get back up, dust ourselves off and start from where we left off. I'm definitely climbing, and I definitely have no clue where my next step needs to go, but I'll know it when I need to. Onward and upward! (OK that is getting a bit over-the-top...pun intended).

No comments: