Friday, November 6, 2009

Thoughts in the chair


Today I had my tooth rebuilt. Here is what went on in my head during the procedure:


  1. Here I go for my annual poke and prod in my mouth


  2. I'm an old pro at this


  3. Boy that needle is big


  4. This doesn't really hurt at all


  5. Is she doing this right?


  6. My mouth doesn't seem to be numbing


  7. B-now b-my b-mouth is numbbbing


  8. I hate the sound of the drill


  9. I hope the damage to my tooth isn't too bad


  10. Maybe the Dr. will be surprised at how 'not bad' my tooth is

  11. She did not just say "lets go digging for cavities'!


  12. Not bad


  13. Not bad


  14. Holy SMOKES that hurts


  15. Squeeze your hands that might feel better


  16. Scrunch your face that might feel better


  17. Having 2 babies has prepared me for this pain, I can handle this, I can handle this


  18. OUUUUUUUCH


  19. YIIIIKES


  20. When is this going to be over


  21. She did not just say possible root canal!


  22. OUUUCH


  23. There are kids starving in Africa, so I can handle this


  24. There are people going through chemo, so I can handle this


  25. Maybe yoga breaths will work


  26. Please be done soon


  27. She did not say she is going to use a SLOWER tool for the next part


  28. Holy MOLY (ramp that one up to a non-family version)


  29. I wonder if I'll have new wrinkles because I'm squeezing my eyes so tight


  30. I know I'm going to live....but boy it feels 'touch and go'

So...the story is that the cavity my dentist was working on was so close to the nerve that it couldn't be numbed at that spot and there was nothing to do but 'go for it'. So...I was a real trooper to the outside world but inside...you get the picture! I hope to NEVER experience that again...thankyouverymuch.

No comments: