Monday, November 2, 2009

The party train has left the station

On Friday my kids had a Halloween parade and party. There were loads of cupcakes, candy, punch and other foolishness. I said to another mom..."this day begins the sweet-fest from Nov-Jan". It almost feels like a 'throwing up of the hands' kind of feeling like..."might as well not fight it". The cool thing though is that these thoughts are about my kids and their temptations. This year I actually feel hopeful that I will definitely partake in the goodness of the season, but I'm feeling a sense of moderation coming. This is new to me...so be gentle. I have had a few nibbles of candy but way less than years past. I think I'm chipping away at my issues with over doing it and how I CAN actually "just have one". I don't have it down exactly right yet...but I am often more proud of my choices than not. So...although the train has left the station, I am hopping on and off of it 'at will' and for shorter periods...as for the kids..."let them eat cake!".

No comments: