Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Green Lights and Parking Spaces

Today I decided to set an intention for each transition in my day. Before each thing I decided to imagine what I want as if I am sending out my 'wish' via thought and visualization....and guess what, it has been fabulous.

Each time I get to my next "gig" I have commented out loud about what is going well. An example of this...this morning I took my kids to the flu shot clinic (again) to get them an H1N1 booster shot (a requirement for kids under 10 if you so choose to vaccinate). The media had my mind filled with HUGE lines and disappointment, so I decided to allow extra time and to calmly accept whatever comes my way. Before the kids and I left I asked them to envision themselves being in the front of the line for their flu mist (and I did the same). Here is the series of events:
  1. I took them to Starbucks for breakfast...parking spot right in front...thank you.
  2. No line for us to get our food....thank you.
  3. Efficient kids eating swiftly with no tension....thank you.
  4. Smooth drive to clinic...thank you.
  5. Parking spot close to entrance....thank you.
  6. Early to the clinic (30 minutes before clinic began)...thank you.
  7. THIRD IN LINE at the clinic...thank you.
  8. Here is where my son did some envisioning because I had accidentally asked for the shot and they were going to give it to the kids and my son right now isn't a big fan of the shot...so right before the shot was given they said, "you can have the mist if you'd like"...THANK YOU.
  9. So, even though that took us out of line to fill out another form, I was more than happy to do that....thank you.
  10. Then I decided to take care of some blood work for myself (knowing that kids would be late to school). I was first in line...thank you.
  11. They accepted my form from an outside doctor (he was not sure they'd take the form, and "prepared me" for the fact that it could be a hassle)...thank you.
  12. My vein was nice and ready to be plucked...thank you.
  13. The nurse was gentle...thank you.
  14. Kids sent off to school with one more layer of "protection"...THANK YOU!

and...that is just one 2 hour snippet of an overall fantastic day....I think I'm onto something here...and it is fun to boot! AND...at this moment my snippet is: I had something to write about today in my blog that came to me with not an effort at all...THANK YOU!