Thursday, January 28, 2010

All lovey dovey

Since the Hallmark holiday of love is approaching, I've decided that my valentine to myself will be to honor all of the words and thoughts I had about self love . My priority every day in the month of February is to check off every item on the list and confirm that I have practiced (if only for a moment) each of the 11 items which are:

  1. Connection - meet/talk/email at least one person per day

  2. Reflection - purposefully quiet the mind for at least 1 minute a day

  3. Celebration/gratitude - write at least one NEW thing I'm grateful for each day

  4. Inspiration - Read or observe something new each day

  5. Creativity - Write my blog, coach, photograph, draw, brainstorm my life OR whatever else I deem creative once a day

  6. Love - look in the mirror and say I LOVE YOU each day (I know I lost a lot of you on that one....but I think there is something to this)

  7. Confidence - Remember a time either that day or in my life when I felt confident and FEEL what that feels like AND/OR think of people who represent confidence for me and see if I can access how they might feel/act/do with their confidence

  8. Interconnectivity - Connect one person to something or someone that I know (or think of someone I can connect)

  9. Intuition - practice making decisions from my feelings versus from my squirrely mind.

  10. Knowing - list one new thing that I "know" to be true about myself each day

  11. Believe in myself - ask how I've believed in myself that day, and if I feel I don't, QUESTION why.
Now I will make a workbook with these items with 28 open spots in each category to record my progress on each one, EACH DAY. This feels like a tall order and it feels as though I doubt that I'll be able to follow through BUT I will reflect on that doubt and turn it around before Feb 1 so that I can believe in myself and set an intention for the value of this exercise. My sense of excitement is growing by the minute. How 'bout you? How can you show love for yourself this upcoming month of ooey-gooey-chocolate-chewy February? I'd love to hear!


No comments: