Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Observe

My word for 2010 started as witness, then moved to notice, however through a meaty conversation with my master mind group yesterday, I've settled on OBSERVE. My friend Dawn was encouraging me to change my perspective on how I make decisions and instead of going from a 'should do' perspective look for what makes me, me (inside) and look for more of "me" on the outside. She had a great phrase for it "More Me Now". As she was saying this I looked a my notebook I've been writing in daily and covering with words from magazines (kind of like a vision board). In the upper left corner I had three words patched together "My World Observed" (see picture)...it was a serendipitous moment where she was talking and I was looking at exactly the same concept...my heart started racing and I knew then that my word would be OBSERVE...and I will be actively observing my world both inside and out. LOVE IT.
Here is a quote to seal my word for the year:

"Self-observation brings man to the realization of the necessity of self-change. And in observing himself notices that self-observation itself brings about certain changes in his inner processes. He begins to understand that self-observation is an instrument of self-change, a means of awakening." George Gurdjieff (Armenian Philosopher)

BUT, I must also add this quote...because as my friend pointed out...I not only want to start noticing...I also want to start, doing too...so look out for electric fences with pee on them:

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers

No comments: