Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blue Monday

January is traditionally not my most fabulous month and for some reason I thought that now that I'm more enlightened and zen about things that this time would be different...and, well, notsomuch. I have my hunches about why...but was hoping that those "excuses" didn't have to be the norm anymore. That isn't to say that I'm a drooling-mess-of-a-thing during this time; I just lack the skip in my step and I give into lazy days more readily. This weekend was the pinnacle of my slump and I was in one of those 'stages' where I knew that if I just got outside or ran an errand or maybe even get out of my jammies (for-god-sake) that I could trip the wire and reignite my energy...but alas I did not. Boy is it hard not to self flagellate on this one instead of roll with it. Yesterday I had a little spill over from my lazy weekend, but was able to get a little more juice in my day...then this news report ironically provided me the spark I needed. The irony is that some "made-up study" stating that yesterday was the most depressing day of the year had me sit up and feel giddy...I had an excuse!!! Yeah me! And now...I am feeling that engine revving, I have more plans, I have things to look forward to, I'm signing up to run a book club and so on and so forth. Curious though that I needed an external 'benign' source to tell me I was "normal" to get me going...what-is-that-all-about?

In the zen-enlightened-ohm world...that spark could have been within ME to find it in myself to have the answer...that makes me believe there is more work to do here...and I believe honestly that my work is never done...which is what I like to call LIVING!

No comments: