Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sherlock Herself

My daughter can spy the one thing that she shouldn't see with the eye of a hawk. Today I had a handful (ok really multiple handfuls) of tootsie rolls (they rank up there with jelly beans) and she totally busted me within 1 minute of coming home from school even when I tried to 'hide the evidence'. It frustrates me to no end...but also makes me laugh. When she was 2 years old she totally saw her Santa gift (the princess castle was stored NOT OUT OF SIGHT by my husband in the walk in attic). I had to practically stand on my head and do circus acts to convince her that she in fact DID NOT see her gift. Who knows if she believed me? You can't get anything by that girl...and I know one day that will prove to be a useful gift, but for now, CAN'T A MOM INDULGE IN PEACE?

No comments: